Net metering Cyprus
NET METERING FOR ALL… SLEEP TIGHT… THE SUN IS PAYING!
Net Metering is the scheme within which residential or light-commercial premises can produce their own electrical energy via a Photovoltaic System. Therefore save the entire or part of their consumption while any produced energy surplus injected to the EAC grid will be credited to their electricity bills.
WHY SHOULD I INSTALL A PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM (NET METERING)?
Through Net Metering Photovoltaic System, your EAC grid electricity consumption is reduced or nullified and you stay unaffected by any electricity bill increase which may occur.
Also, you can ensure cheap and stable energy while contributing towards environmental sustainability.
Net metering Cyprus
ACCORDING TO NET METERING:
- The P/V system can be installed on the roof of legally erected premises or on a plot of land that includes a building with a permit. In the case of a commercial property, there is the possibility of installation in an adjacent plot.
- Eligible for a grant of €750/ kW with a maximum of €3750, are consumers who are registered as vulnerable groups (five members-large families, people with disabilities, etc.)
- Eligible for a grant of €250/kW with a maximum of €1000, are homeowners with a building permit issued before January 1, 2017.
- Any surpluses from produced energy will be transferred to the next invoicing period.
- Any deficits from produced energy will be normally invoiced within this period.
- Final settlement of surpluses (if any) will be done in the last bill of 12 months (February or March). Any excess after clearing will be reset to zero
- With EAC’s new way of charging, the producer/consumer can benefit up to 83% savings in his accounts.
- There are no producer fees, only a fixed fee of 7 euros per two months.
- Any surplus, energy will be credited in the new year in kWh to clear previous accounts of heat accumulators of the previous two months of the same year. Pages 6-7 of the Plan.
- Application cost €250 + VAT. In case of expansion of an existing one system, the cost is €150 + VAT. Additional charge €57 + VAT for Ripple Control.
- For mountain areas the amount of grant doubles (not for category 3).
- Meeting at your premises to discuss your needs
- Preparation of your quotation
- Application to E.A.C.
- E.A.C. approval ( Sign the Terms & the installation agreement with E.A.C.)
- Installation of the PV System
- Inspection & Connection of the system to the grid