Net metering Cyprus
NET METERING FOR ALL… SLEEP TIGHT… THE SUN IS PAYING!
Net Metering is the scheme within which residential or light-commercial premises can produce their own electrical energy via a Photovoltaic System. Therefore save the entire or part of their consumption while any produced energy surplus injected to the EAC grid will be credited to their electricity bills.
WHY SHOULD I INSTALL A PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM (NET METERING)?
Through Net Metering Photovoltaic System, your EAC grid electricity consumption is reduced or nullified and you stay unaffected by any electricity bill increase which may occur.
Also, you can ensure cheap and stable energy while contributing towards environmental sustainability.
ACCORDING TO NET METERING:
• The PV system can be installed onto the rooftop of a legally constructed building, on the ground, or in the case of a commercial system on the ground of an adjoining piece of land.
• Vulnerable social groups are subsidy beneficiaries (€750/kW with the maximum amount set to €3750).
• Owners of houses with a building permit issued before the 1st of January 2017 are subsidy beneficiaries of a grant of €250 / kW with a maximum of €1000.
• Any surplus will be transferred to the next billing period.
• Any consumption will normally be billed within that period.
• The final clearing will be stated on the last bill of the financial year (February or March).
• For residential customers, offsetting may also include the electrical
consumption of storage heaters of the last bill of the year. The previous bills will be paid as usual.
• Fixed amount will be paid to the EAC depending on the power of the photovoltaic system.
• Application fee €250 + VAT. In case of PV system expansion, the application fee will be €150 + VAT.
• Meeting at your premises to discuss your needs
• Preparation of your quotation
• Application to E.A.C.
• E.A.C. approval (sign the installation agreement with E.A.C.)
• Installation of the PV System
• Inspection & Connection of the system to the grid