ZERO ENERGY HOME
In collaboration with the most reliable brands in the energy saving market, the Green Energy Group, offers the comprehensive energy plan “Zero Energy Home”.
Zero Energy Home provides comfort, durability and high energy performance in an environment of maximum energy saving.
The plan is the absolute alternative solution of the built environment of the future.
In Cyprus, from 1st January 2021, all new buildings must qualify as “nearly zero energy consumption buildings”.
What we define as “nearly zero energy consumption building”
The term “nearly zero energy consumption building” refers to a building with very high energy efficiency which is first evaluated through a particular methodology while that energy can be eliminated to “zero” or “nearly zero” through the use of renewable energy sources.
Benefits of constructing a building with “nearly zero energy consumption”
Even though a building with ‘nearly zero energy consumption’ has a higher initial cost, the benefits of its construction are remarkable.
- Not affected by future increase in energy costs
- Offer improved thermal comfort due to the uniform internal building temperature
- Have hardly any energy requirements, thus, hardly any operational cost to cover the energy needs of the building
- Enjoy reduced overall net monthly cost of living and offer higher quality of life
- Offer Improved reliability – many technologies for renewable energy resources and energy conservation have a long lifespan and low maintenance cost
- Have a higher resale value
- Contribute to the protection of the environment as nearly zero energy consumption means nearly zero emissions which cause the greenhouse effect
- Exemption of possible future legal restrictions; from taxes on carbon dioxide emissions to mandatory energy renovations which are costly
- Helps significantly to improve the building’s aesthetics
How we benefit from a “nearly zero energy consumption” home
When considering the option of constructing a “zero energy” or a “nearly zero energy” house, we aim in two basic components:
1. The reduction of the energy needs of the house
2. The utilization of the renewable energy sources
This can be achieved through the comprehensive solutions of the products & services that the GDL Green Energy Group and its Associates can offer.
Taking for instance, a 210m², energy class B house in Cyprus, is estimated to consume approximately 22.000 Kwh annually, in order for all energy needs to be met.
The highest energy consumption for residences is required for the central heating while the main source of consumption is electricity.
With an additional cost of only €135 per m², LGEG can transform this house from class B to ‘’zero ‘’ or at least ‘’nearly zero energy consumption’’. In this cost, the advantage of a €15.000 government subsidy has been taken into consideration.
The initial additional cost for the above mentioned adjustments is depreciated in about 6 – 7 years from the limitation of the energy expenditure (the exact depreciation period depends on the fluctuations of the energy costs).